Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’ and ‘Punjab National Bank’, who willed his vast wealth in 1895 for the setting up of an Education Trust for a truly secular college. Consequently, Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was established in Karnal and in Delhi. It started functioning in the capital as a constituent College of the University of Delhi in 1959 and was taken over by the University of Delhi as a University maintained institution in 1978.Dyal Singh College is a co-educational institute of University of Delhi. It was established in 1959 and is situated in Delhi, India. It offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in science, the humanities and commerce.