Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’ and ‘Punjab National Bank’, who willed his vast wealth in 1895 for the setting up of an Education Trust for a truly secular college. Consequently, Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was established in Karnal and in Delhi. It started functioning in the capital as a constituent College of the University of Delhi in 1959 and was taken over by the University of Delhi as a University maintained institution in 1978. The College Campus of over 11 acres is centrally located on metro map at Lodhi Road in South Delhi in the vicinity of Lodhi Garden, Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Stadium, India Habitat Centre, India International Centre, CGO Complex and many other institutions of national/international significance.